The New Economics Foundation recently published a report looking at how economic inequality is undermining our economy, society and democracy – ‘Addressing Inequality at Root’ which identifies five high level objectives to help address the root cause of this imbalance:
1. Universal provision of high-quality childcare that is affordable for all.
2. Narrow the difference between top-to-bottom earnings and rebuild the link between economic prosperity and wages.
3. Access to valued careers for all with opportunities for progression and skills development.
4. Creation of good jobs for all that benefit workers, the economy and society.
5. A fairer, more progressive tax system.
See the full report here